BE SICK IN CAMBODIA
After Siem-Reap, we were heading to Phnom-Phen. It’s wasn’t that far but the weather started to be hot and while we rode over 100 km ,arrived in a small town we asked to put our tent in temple then we looked for dinner around there. Actually it was more small than a village , we ate some street food in the darkness , in the darkness i also digested flies inside the water….
The next day, I had a strong sickness ( Sori was fine ) , after only 50 km I lost all my stamina and finished up my day in the toilet where i through up everything. I didn’t stay very well that’s why we took a bus to go Phom-Phen to do a check out to my body .
For a week, i also had a heavy diarrhea , to make sure about my condition i been to the hospital . Fortunately, it was just a regular traveler sickness ! Also Sori had a short sickness because she bought some in the street market ( VERY DIRTY)
In Phnom-Pehn there isn’t a lot to see. But we took a deep breath and we visited the museum of the TUOL SLENG . It’s very impressive and shocked some way. Highly recommend to go, If you want to know some history about Cambodia!
We spent 5 days in P.P. , we stayed here also because i had to get the bicycle trailer ! After a month and half i broke my rear rack , i was really exhausted to have problems almost everyday! I took my american tape for 50 km used the american tape, until i found a small “shop” were the fix it with two screw and piece of metal ( L section in aluminium) , it was better avoid to buy that s…t rack….
ON WAY TO KEP
We had a couple of days was rain til Kep, and we stayed there where we “enjoyed ” the sea… Actually wasn’t the best place where to swim. The water wasn’t clean , but we didn’t have since our visa were close to expired…..
We just enjoyed delicious food in Kep and after we were heading directly to the border, the road was almost flat. We didn’t have any particular meeting on the way so far.
But an awesome guy hosted us when we asked hostel around there. But he asked to family and hosted us his wonderful house. He and his family provided for us a bed and food. We really thanks to Rotanak and his family.
Cambodia is not the best place were to ride the bicycle. Definitely, Avoid the express way , is too dangerous!
We think gravel roads are nicer and you can have nice encounter with the local people !
Dog are sometimes aggressive. So try to avoid to pass near them ( obvious)
Food is not good like Thailand. Make sure that is always clean because you can eat some flies or insect very easily!
Try to avoid to be cheat at the land border. Because, most of the time they gonna ask extra money and they will not exchange money if you don’t have exactly!
Angkor what is very nice but now is definitely on price compared to 3 years ago! The ticket counter is not located near Angkor watt. Oddly, It’s 10 km far ( keep on your mind) .
Cambodia Part 2: 04,Nov.2017~11,Nov.2017 (Travelling Expenses: 426,000 Riel+ 184.35 $)
- Route: Siem-Reap▶ Stoung ▶ Kompong Thom ▶ (by bus) Phnom Phen▶ Angk Ta Saom ▶ Kom Pot ▶ Kep ▶ Tani ▶ Phum Chambok ▶Neak Srung ▶ Svay Leoung▶ Barvet = 655Km
- Weather: Strong Sunny or Heavy Rain
- Camping: Stayed in Temple a few nights / Local people allow to pick our tent
- Accommodation: Hostel, a night (6$~15$) / Airbnb in Capital city was good (14$)
- Food: Noddle Soup/ Lok Lak ( meat & rice) / Coconut bread / Seafood and Crab near beach
- Supermarket: In Phom Phen, You can see many kind of Store also luxury Brand.
- Exchange Rate: 1$ = 4000 Riel (Oct,2017) But, they accept US dollars as well.
- Sim Card: We didn’t have it.
- Languages: Speak English is better than Thailand.
- Road Condition: Narrow and Pave road.
- Driver manner: Aggressive in expressway